cellhunter - openbmap - opencellid revisited... (was Re: CellHunter is moving to a new server)

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Thu Sep 10 22:40:30 CEST 2009

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Landspurg wrote:
>   Hello Risto,
>
>   Here is a few facts from such FAQ:

Not all accurate, though.

>  Most of the cells from OpenBMap are coming from OpenCellID (the
> 'untrusted ones')

Absolutely correct. Number is on your side.

>  One of the main difference from the three is that only OpenCellID
> provides a complete access to the data and the measures.

Does cellhunter not provide access to all the collected data?

OpenBmap has on his main page the link to download all the data files,
exactly as sent by the users. This is a fact you may have checked
easily, or asked.

For me the main difference between the projects, is that openBmap is
focusing on the quality of the data.

>  OpenCellId added a "CVS uploader" to import bulk CSV data files
> mainly to be compatible with the OpenBMap logger. I just don't have
> any OpenMoko phone to test it.

Do you mean cellhunter?

>   I've been out of the mailing list from some time because I am not
> involved in the OpenMoko community (I am more involved in J2ME and
> others platforms), but I would be happy to reactivate the integration
> effort.

Yes, glad you came back after I contacted you about three weeks ago, in
order to reopen the dialog.

Onen