elm_browser initial release

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 03:18:17 CET 2010

Petr Vanek wrote:
> it would be great to find a good name for it + icon and
> include it in shr, it beats midory in performance big time
  Any suggestions? For the name and icon?
  There shouldn't be much diff between midori and this browser since both
use webkit. Midori has a lot of functionality that this browser doesn't -
like bookmarks.
  OTOH, maybe this seems faster since it's lighter as of now.

Lars Hennig-2 wrote:
> One question: How can I open a url while launching browser from a script
> or
> command line? If there is no such function, could you add a parameter for
> that?
  There isn't any such function yet. I'll add this today.
  Also, What are the bare essential features required of a browser on the
FR?  I'm looking for suggestions from the community - to see what to add.