performance testing of UNWIND kernel option

Martix martix.cz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:40:28 CET 2011

Hi,
thanks for comparison.
I miss test with both CONFIG_ARM_UNWIND and CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER
disabled, theoreticaly it could be faster. Anyway, why regular user
(no developer, nor tester) needs to have CONFIG_ARM_UNWIND or
CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER enabled? I suggest to disable CONFIG_ARM_UNWIND
in stable kernel images. Stable I mean (in this case) kernel versions
which is well tested in SHR-t and stable revisions of Qt Moko.

Thanks Denis and Gennady.

Martin 'Martix' Holec
openmoko.cz/openmobility.cz