Aurora

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue May 17 10:04:33 CEST 2011

On Monday 16 May 2011 23:22:03 Neil Jerram wrote:

> > Some words about the technology choices we have made for Aurora. The UI
> > components of Aurora will be based on Qt's QML
> > (Qt Markup Language) and will have parts written in C++ and Vala
> > (although we're going to use Python for prototyping as well).
> > We will support both Qt/X11 and Qt/Embedded, the latter being useful on
>
> If you strongly favour Qt, you could take QtMoko as your reference set
> of applications.  That would be especially helpful right now, as Radek
> is just looking at converting QtMoko to use FSO.

QtMoko is just too complicated - i think the idea of reference feature phone
is good and in the end we can even have Aurora packaged for QtMoko - e.g. for
testing.

I have been playing with FSO for week now. It's great api - easy to use.
Writing feature phone is not that much work. I have my FSO test app that can
register to network, make calls, blink with leds - check how simple it is [1]!
I have spent just a few hours on it.

Having many frontends for FSO is probably not that much problem. I'd not panic
now ;-)

Regards

Radek

[1]