[FSO] some illume issues

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:41:06 CET 2008

Hi!
I'm quite satisfied developing with QT library and the FSO image but I have
some problems with Illume:

* when the main window is showed it has active focus and active window state
and receives touchscreen clicks, after the apps shows a modal children
dialog, when this is closed the main windows does not return to the active
state, i have to click it, with other windows manager this does not happens

* I use fso api to get the aux button events, and filter them based on the
window active state (so i noted the first problem), why aux is not sent as a
normal keypress event to the active window? if this is (or will be) fixed,
should I suppose the windows will not receive the event for the first issue?

* some dialogs are not showed at all, for example QMessageBox (a fast object
to advise user)

* if an application shows a sub-not-modal-dialog in fullscreen mode and
after try to show a modal dialog this is not showed, and the non modal
dialog loses focus! it's impossible to active it with touchscreen or drop
down the hided illume task bar, so I have to kill the application by ssh.

* I'd like to know how illume screensaver and fso idlenotifier interact, as
I'm not able to turn on the screen with fso api calls, logread reports
correctly setBrighteness xx, but the screen remains black

Best Regards

    Nicola