[paroli] update week 6/09

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Tue Feb 3 03:20:09 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 18:11 -0500, Joel Newkirk wrote:
> SHR-unstable, 01/29, paroli downloaded 01/31 or 02/01:
>
> root     INFO     read config file ./paroli.cfg
> root     INFO     read config file /etc/paroli/paroli.cfg
> root     INFO     read config file /home/root/.paroli/paroli.cfg
> root     INFO     init gui
> root     WARNING  can't use backend paroli : No module named etk
> root     WARNING  can't use backend csdl : No module named gui
> root     WARNING  can't use backend sdl : No module named guip
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./paroli", line 146, in <module>
>     tichy.init_gui(None)
>   File "../paroli-core/tichy/__init__.py", line 71, in init_gui
>     import guip
> ImportError: No module named guip
>

> What is missing?

Hello Joel,
In your case, etk is missing.

The error is confusing because when it failed to import the etk backend,
paroli then tried to use other eventual graphic backends, but only the
edje/etl backend is supported now, so we need to remove this part of the
code.

you need to install all python e binding (etk, evas, edje, ecore).

If you have a neo you can find them with opkg, if you try paroli on the
desktop, then you need to get them from the enlightenment website (see
the INSTALL file [0] of paroli for more info)

-Guillaume "charlie"

[0] http://git.paroli-project.org/?p=paroli.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL