[RFC] Qi Bootmenu

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Fri Oct 9 13:32:21 CEST 2009

>On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 09:43:39AM +0200, mobi phil wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> maybe time for fbui  (http://home.comcast.net/~fbui/) ? I think Zack
>> Smith, the author would be happy to help you.
>
>To quote from the web page: "It currently only works with kernel 2.6.9,
>although I've got it partially working on 2.6.31".
>
>This is alone is a deal breaker. The last thing that we need is another
>out of vanilla kernel.org component we are struggling enough with
>getting all the Openmoko specific drivers/patches upstream.

as this kernel would really not get updated often and not load any
drivers, would it be an issue here? anyhow, just my 2c

on another note:
when i was playing with the proof of concept on the boot menu one
thing seemed to be an advantage to implement - possibility to call
fsck on any ext filesystem (i actually added it into the menu)...

Petr