Tcl compilation

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Fri Nov 16 15:43:22 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:16:30PM -0800, Kurtis Heimerl wrote:
> I'm trying to port a Tcl/Tk python application, and that part of it wasn't
> too difficult. There are Tkinter packages in the repository. However, I
> can't seem to find any Tcl/Tk packages. This has convinced me that I need to
> compile it on my own.
>
> The wiki gives instructions for compiling using bitbake and compiling
> against GTK libraries. I have not been able to get bitbake to work, and my
> understanding is that I would need to write a "Recipe" to do that anyhow.
>
> My question for you folks is the following: What do you think is the best
> route for accomplishing this task?

OE contains recipes for tcl/tk, so you don't need to write those
yourself but can rather just use the existing ones.  In a working OE
installation that would be 'bitbake tcl tk' to build both packages.

However, we do have pre-built tcl and tk packages:
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/ipk/armv4t/tcl_8.4.11-r5_armv4t.ipk
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/ipk/armv4t/tk_8.4.11-r5_armv4t.ipk

Cheers,