evas-native fixed, was Re: Request to review and propagate two branches

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Sat Mar 29 19:33:35 CET 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 17:21:43 Koen Kooi wrote:
> Op 29 mrt 2008, om 16:06 heeft Holger Freyther het volgende geschreven:

> No, I wrote a do_stage method for evas-native (mtn log packages/efl1/
> evas-native --last 3 --no-merges) that works around the problem:
>
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-commits/2008-March/013731
>.html
>
> I told Graeme that and he propagated it to org.om.dev.

Hi Koen,
I will consult with Richard and discuss if I'm going to disapprove this. The
bug is within autotools.bbclass and not within evas-native, it is only
triggered by evas-native and could be triggered by other software as well. If
the bug is occuring somewhere else as well the proper fix is not to copy
do_stage() from evas-native but to find a solution that is fixing the root
cause. I hope you agree.

love

	z.