gsmd missing numeric replies

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Mon Apr 2 09:00:55 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 12:07:08AM +0200, GoXbox Live wrote:
> Hi
> Is there a way to let gsmd accept numeric replies when sending AT commands.
> For the HTC Universal we receive "0" after sending AT+CFUN=1, and the reply
> is as it should because the modem is able to send and receive calls after
> the AT command is sendt.

this is strange.  We explicitly set "ATV1" to enable string return
codes, not numeric ones.

This is why I didn't implement parsing of numeric response codes.

If the HTC Universal somehow cannot be turned into string response
codes, then it seems to violate the 07.07 spec :(

Maybe you can try to experiment a bit more with it, e.g. what happens if
you try ot set the string mode again before/after issuing CFUN, etc.

Apart from that, the parser would need to be extended to deal with
numeric responses.  There is no support for this.