undefined reference to lgsm_init

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 11:52:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to build an application that uses libgsmd with the March
28th build (200804021305) using the local overlay method [1]. My
bitbake recipe is as follows (that worked with earlier builds):

=== BEGIN .bb recipe ===
DESCRIPTION = "ATMyCommand"
AUTHORS = "Foo Bar"
HOMEPAGE = "http://www.foobar.com
SECTION = "openmoko/pim"
PRIORITY = "optional"
LICENSE = "GPL"
DEPENDS += "libmokoui2 libgsmd"

inherit autotools

SRC_URI = "file:///tmp/atmycommand-beta-1.tar.bz2"

S = "${WORKDIR}/atmycommand"
=== END ===

I get these linker errors:

  undefined reference to `lgsm_passthrough'
  undefined reference to `lgsm_init'
  undefined reference to `lgsm_pin'
  undefined reference to `lgsm_pin_name'

Earlier builds had
build/tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib/libgsmd.a, but, now
this has been relocated in the March 28th build to
build/tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libgsmd.a. But,
since we "inherit autotools" this should be taken care of?

The complete output is available here:
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/trash/output.txt

What am I missing? Appreciate any inputs,

Thanks,

SK

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Application_Development_Crash_Course#Setting_Up_a_Local_Overlay

--