Usability Team & User Centered Design Proces

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu Oct 18 10:45:00 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 13:52 -0700, Jon wrote:
[...]
> - The "Txt'r" - In a number of countries, texting has become far more
> popular than calling.  These users will send and receive thousands of
> text messages per month.  Many rarely use their phones for calling.
> They want a clean texting interface with the fastest possible input.

You've just reminded me - we have been asked to make a very simple SMS
messaging application for OpenMoko until a more fully featured Messages
application is available. It would be a great opportunity for the
usability team to be involved in the design process from start to
finish.

Perhaps we can start designing this application with usage scenarios,
usage goals and task analysis (the third point Carla suggested). First
though would be to decide on a name. Are people more familiar now with
"Text Message", "SMS" or neither?

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/