Text Messaging Application Design

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:26:05 CEST 2007

One inaccuracy:

On 10/24/07, Jon <openmoko at snowulf.com> wrote:

> Here are a few quick points in considering "unified" messaging system.
> 1- SMS is one paid add-on.  Data service (for IM) is a separate paid
> add-on. Many people have one, or the other - not nearly as many have both.

I am not aware  of anything that does not support SMS that does support
data, although SMS is seldom, if ever, used by those whohave a choice.  I
certainly use both with my current phone.  This is definitely not an
either/or situation, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.  I
like your assessment of the rest, though.  Although there are length
limitations to IM as well, it's generally considerably longer.

Christie