Dialer re-organisation

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Wed Oct 31 16:55:30 CET 2007

Thomas Wood wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 07:43 -0700, Joshua Layne wrote:
>
>> Thomas Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Could anyone using openmoko-dialer please note that I have started a
>>> major reorganisation of the code which may temporarily result in missing
>>> features and/or other brokenness.
>>>
>>> If you want to be able to use the dialer in the short term, please make
>>> sure you use revision 3306.
>>>

>> Hi Thomas,
>> Are there any plans to abstract the numeric keyboard a bit so that other
>> apps might be able to use it?  For example, some non-T9 type application
>> for messaging?
>>

> Not really, although Chris was thinking of doing something similar as an
> alternative input method. It really wouldn't be very difficult with
> libfakekey.

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the note - my primary reason for asking was around UI
consistency throughout the platform.  I appreciate that the numeric
keypad itself is fairly easy to replicate - it would be nice if it were
the same wherever it existed.

I do think the udev work (if I can guess at what you _are_ doing... :P)
is far more important though.

Kind Regards,
Josh