Recipe for setting up OpenEmbedded environment on wiki

jeff moe at blagblagblag.org
Sun Feb 11 16:58:48 CET 2007

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> I must be missing something.  Perhaps it is installing bitbake from an
> RPM and not under the /usr/local/openembedded/ tree, but seems it would
> not work at all if the paths were not set correctly.
>
> Has anyone succeeded in building openembedded apps on a Red Hat derived
> distro?

Yes. I have in FC6 (well, BLAG60000 actually). I did custom builds (for myself
only) of monotone and bitbake, everything else is stock FC6+updates. I was able
to `bitbake nano` and `bitbake bootstrap-image` though gpe- & opie-image failed
somewhere down the path.

Here's some info about my setup:

python-2.4.4-1.fc6
patch-2.5.4-29.2.2