Integer pixel operations for gtk+?

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Tue Feb 13 22:25:15 CET 2007

Hi, All.

Let's not get too distracted too much by talk of rudeness and its
effectiveness in getting the job done. In my case, if someone were to
ask me to do something (a favor or even my job) and was being rude about
it, I can tell you the rudeness won't help at all. In fact, it may just
shunt the request down my list of priorities. Whether I would do the
request or not is more a function of more important things like other
things I'm prioritizing. If I'm too loaded with work, chances are it
would get shucked off to the bottom of my TODO list. The "rudeness" has
very little to do with it, and (again in my case) it's net effect is
likely to lower the chances of my responding positively.

If a person happens to get their way with me even though the person was
rude, I can tell you it wasn't because of his/her rudeness but *in
spite* of their rudeness that I chose to do so. Don't ever think that
rudeness was what got their way with me even though it may work with
others.

Please learn to manage people ... even if they are your peers, as is the
case in a community. Get to know people and what it takes to motivate
them. Don't think that there's a one-size-fits-all approach to doing so.
--

Richi Plana