Integer pixel operations for gtk+?

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Tue Feb 13 22:42:48 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 18:02 +0000, Rob Taylor wrote:
> Write a test that loads in a test image with GdkPixbufLoader, and
> then scales it to several different resolutions, repeating each scale
> some number of times (say, 100), and exits when finished. Then just time
> that test, running it a number of times and calculate the average (and
> std deviation, for extra bonus points).

If someone could write that program and test whether the scaled versions
were correct (by comparing it to some know values) as well, it would
help me a lot in improving the patch I sent to bugzilla.gnome.org for
integer pixops. I can program well enough, but I'm really new to image
processing and don't have as much time between my fledgling consultancy
and other things I have to do to learn the details.

Speaking of profiling, are there any preferences to how we go about
doing performance tests? I've used oprofile and papi before when I did
embedded work.
--

Richi Plana