Software Emulator

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sat Feb 17 19:59:20 CET 2007

Richi Plana <myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org> writes:
> I guess what I'm trying to ask here is that IF qemu can be made to
> emulate the Neo1973, THEN what must be done to do so

QEMU is pretty easily extended to simulate additional virtual
devices. I think it should be straightforward (though not quick) to
make it emulate the Neo1973 very closely.

> and, more importantly, will FIC spearhead it? Because if not, then
> hopefully some enterprising and talented group of people might take
> it upon themselves to finagle qemu to be a Neo1973.

I can't answer for FIC, but I would certainly appreciate having an
emulator to make use of.

You can find some pointers to the relevant parts of the QEMU docs here:

http://www.qemu.org/user-doc.html

Perry