OpenMokoProjects anonymous svn access not working?

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Sun Feb 18 10:26:02 CET 2007

Thanks again Rob for your Makefile.

Let me use this thread to write you about 2 problems I have encountered with
your script on my Ubuntu:

- in the process of installing and compiling script tried to run git which
wasn't included in my system. I got some text that git is no longer called
'git' in debian. After issuing following commands everything works fine:

sudo  apt-get install git-core cogito
sudo update-alternatives --config git

(press 2 to choose git)

-  second problem

NOTE: package js-1.5: started
NOTE: package js-1.5-r0: task do_fetch: started
NOTE: fetch http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.5.tar.gz
--10:02:58--  http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.5.tar.gz
           => `/home/cayco/Download/moko/sources/js-1.5.tar.gz'
Translacja ftp.mozilla.org... 63.245.208.138
Łączenie się z ftp.mozilla.org|63.245.208.138|:80... połączono.
Żądanie HTTP wysłano, oczekiwanie na odpowiedź... 404 Not Found
10:02:59 BŁĄD 404: Not Found.

NOTE: Task failed: Fetch failed:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.5.tar.gz
NOTE: package js-1.5-r0: task do_fetch: failed
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
NOTE: package js-1.5: failed
ERROR: Build of openmoko-devel-image failed
make: *** [openmoko-devel-image] Błąd 1

Besides some polish text in here you can see that there is 404 error on
js-1.5.tar.gz - it is simply not there.

To repair that I manually downloaded
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/older-packages/js-1.5.tar.gz and
copied it to sources/ folder (in directory where I executed make). It looks
like it helped.

Consider changing path to that js lib in your Makefile.

cheers

cayco