Devirginator packaging

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 15 01:10:30 CET 2007

Rod Whitby wrote:
> I want to work out how to package this all

Ah yes, at the moment, it's very packaging-unfriendly, because it
assumes that all its little helpers are in the current directory.
I guess I should add some "make install" that puts things at a
standard place and/or adds a wrapper to set up some sort of search
path.

> and installs itself into /usr/sbin and /usr/share/devirginator for the

That should probably be /usr/bin, since setup.sh doesn't need any
privileges. The name would have to change, too, of course.

> support scripts), and then you run it to both download the desired
> snapshot (or to use local data if you have built things yourself), and
> then flash it.

There should perhaps also be the option of specifying a different
directory for the devirginator's stash, and perhaps the "devirginate"
script should move into this directory, too. But that's less urgent.

BTW, I wouldn't lose much sleep over the fetcher. That part is ugly
and all the wildcarding is just a band-aid until we have useful names
for our snapshots.

- Werner