Hard to build "openmoko-devel-image"

François TOURDE fr-om at tourde.org
Wed Mar 19 15:56:43 CET 2008

Le 13957ième jour après Epoch,
John Lee écrivait:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:11:25PM +0100, François TOURDE wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've some difficulties to build openmoko image, and each time it
>> works, I can't flash the image for qemu...
>
> Could you report the error message to bugzilla if you haven't already
> done so?

Thanks for your reply. Today's build seems ok, but next time I got an
error I'll post it to the bugzilla.

>> Please is there any way to build a "stable" dev environment to write
>> new apps ?
>
> Usually we just build the image, flash neo, then start to change
> something in workdir, make it, scp it to neo, run it... repeat.

I need to flash qemu in place of flashing neo (because I've no neo),
but for the moment, there is a bug. A patch exists, but I'm not so
fluent in bitbake ;) so I try to learn...

> I have to admit I didn't use qemu much.  It would be great if you can
> help us improving it.

I've just followed the Wiki page about "using qemu". Without neo, it's
the only way to try my apps.

I don't know how I can help you, but I'll try. Tell me your needs, to
check if I'm able to help ;)