Request for stable, automated build process

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Fri May 2 07:02:33 CEST 2008

Bobby Martin wrote:

> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Thomas Wood <thomas at openedhand.com
> <mailto:thomas at openedhand.com>> wrote:
>
>     Well, there is buildhost.openmoko.org
>     <http://buildhost.openmoko.org> which builds images nightly. I've
>     been asking for the toolchain to be fixed and updated and I believe
>     Julian has this on his TODO list.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Thomas
>

> Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> Does it apply a label to builds that succeed?  Is there documentation of
> what this hypothetical label might be, and also documentation of the
> build process that buildhost.openmoko.org
> <http://buildhost.openmoko.org> uses?
>
> (Hrm, reading over that, it looks like I'm trying to be sarcastic with
> the thanks.  I'm definitely not!  The thanks, and the questions, are
> real, not rhetorical.)
>
> --
> If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.

i do not really get what you mean by labels.
when buildhost successfully finished a build there is a new image.
else, there is not.
if it cannot compile all dependencies then it logically cannot package it.

i think i know what you really want in the end.
a full CI representation of what buildhost does build and what not.

i have found http://bitten.edgewall.org/ recently and since we are
currently in the process of moving to trac it is very interesting for me.

whats missing is the glue between that and the openembedded build system.
and to make it really usefull at all we would need unit tests for all
'packages', not only a 'built something' 'did report exit=!0'

yes i want that. but let us finish work on getting trac first please ;)

if you know your way around trac, python and OE i am happy about
everyone who can help me there.

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services