Freerunner android wifi

michael trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it
Wed Dec 31 12:59:03 CET 2008

Hi,

michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
>> michael wrote:
>>
>>> I have installed android on a freerunner and I don't understand why
>>> the  wpa_supplicant doesn't work when it try
>>> to scan network. I see at the code and the SIOCSIWSCAN is implemented.
>>>

>> If you just do an  iwlist scan  does that work ?
>>
>> - Werner
>>

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data ./ld-2.6.1.so ./iwlist scan > result.txt
>
> Ok is not a kernel problem I suppose. I look at the android code.
>
> Regards Michael

Few notes:

- sometimes it gives: eth0      Failed to read scan data : Resource
temporarily unavailable

Looking at the code of wpa_supplicant I see that:
  for (;;) {
                tv.tv_sec = 2;
                tv.tv_usec = 0;
                FD_ZERO(&rfds);
                FD_SET(ctrl->s, &rfds);
                res = select(ctrl->s + 1, &rfds, NULL, NULL, &tv);
                if (FD_ISSET(ctrl->s, &rfds)) {
                        res = recv(ctrl->s, reply, *reply_len, 0);

It applies a timeout of 2 seconds for the answer. Maybe the
completantion code on ar6000 driver
wait more than 2 seconds?

Regards Michael