Light sensor

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Nov 29 20:32:14 CET 2006

Salve,

I already wrote that a light sensor could avoid that the
backlight is on, when it is not necessary:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2006-November/000263.html

But this light sensor could also combined with localisation, time and
provile (or movement sensor)
E.g. when I'm at home and the light sensor detects light at 2 o'clock
in the morning, I will still be reachable for calls from my frinds.

They could have a signalisation that I'm still awak.

Maybe quantitiy and colour analysing of this sensor would be interesting
as well - I think there are cheap sensors called "camera".

But that would consume CPU power and battery power,
so a photo diode or LED would be better.

AHHHH this could be integrated into the multi-coloured-touch screen
this will have light sensors - when it could analyse other light
as well - it could swith the backlight
and could give informations to the programmes.

With the colours of the light (anlysing)  could it also possible to detect
in which room the Neo1973 is at the moment. (Dependances of window
orientation, type of electricaly light, wall colour - things inside...)

So at last an smart backlight managment would be a "must have"
and whis such a sensor would be possibel to do other nice things

rob