Compressed SMS (and other text messages)

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:45:50 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:35, Jonathon Suggs wrote:
> My challenge is just to think bigger.  Think how this could be
> incorporated to work with *any* phone.  Then you can have a much larger
> group of people to brainstorm, test, and bugfix.  We have enough
> protocols and standards to support.  Creating yet another one isn't
> really going to help that much.  Also, I don't know anyone else that is
> planning on getting a OpenMoko device, so its pretty pointless for me
> at this point.  I know you've got to start somewhere, but starting out
> a battle fighting uphill isn't the best of ideas.
>
> Sorry if I completely missed the point.

So one approach might be to investigate the java implementation on other
phones and see if you can gain access to sms for receiving and sending
messages.  Then you could write it to test the waters on openmoko.. Then
build a java version for other phones that done have openmoko
installed.

/shrug
Its an idea anyway.. But its only worth 1 cent since I didn't take the
time to see if java can do that with any of the midp/whatever version
that's common now.
--Tim