Anti Iphone (Was Re: Some light ahead...)

Casper van Donderen casper_de_dondergod at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 12:18:50 CEST 2007

Yeah the iPod video has a video chip

But on the internet I read that the iPhone might go with the Samsung s3c2460 chip,
That chip has a hardware video decoder on it.

But I think another option could be the MagicEyes MMSP2 chip used in the GP2X linux handheld, that has hardware video (up to OpenGL ES), and an embedded camera controller (maybe usable in the future models with camera, up to 4M pixels)

http://www.mesdigital.com/english/Products/product_mmsp2.asp

I think this chip is pretty opensource since it is used in the GP2X

Casper