Could someone explain me the + + + and the * at the bottom of thescreen (Om 2008.8) ?

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Aug 12 17:28:40 CEST 2008

1. if special is smth to be used frequently then now * got the worst
place -- with finger it is nearly impossible to press in the left bottom
corner -- just try

2. in most of the situations those placeholders are EMPTY, so why to
keep them? may be there is a reasonable solution (not too much coding)
to hide them automagically if they are empty?? having empty "+"s is
plain silly. Another option is to make that panel floating as well as
the top panel -- click on "^" and it comes up with beautiful "+"s ;-)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]