Navit patch for faster map dragging

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Sun Aug 17 12:22:45 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'd like to submit a patch for navit, which changes the map dragging
rendering method for the gtk interface (which is used on the Neo).
Before the patch navit rerendered the map on each drag increment, which
was too slow on the neo. Now it simply repositions the rendered pixmap
and does the rendering of the map as soon as the drag is finished. In
addition the text rendering has been improved a bit (there is still
room for improvement though, i.e. caching rendered glyph bitmaps).
Please find two patches attached: The patch for the navit source (as of
SVN revision 1255) and a openembedded patch, which changes the
buildsystem to build from SVN. For your convenience I uploaded an ipk
to:

http://www.acoveo.org/navit_0.1.0+svnrev1255-r0_armv4t.ipk

Cheers,
	Florian