contacts: lookup on incoming call

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Fri Aug 29 15:41:42 CEST 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Nishit Dave wrote:

> FWIW, I think phones normally check the last few digits of a phone
> number, and ignore the country code / area code part when looking up for
> contact name.  Are you sure this is not just an issue with delay in the
> dialer look up routine because of the call?  One way to check is if the
> name can be seen in your call logs.

i'm fairly sure it's not so.  i've just tested by editing the contact. the
incoming call when the contact was listed as +441223... showed as coming
from a 'phone number, but when i edited the contact entry to 01223..., the
call showed as coming from my home 'phone.

i'm not sure when the call log does the lookup - at time of call, or time
of later examination of log - so i'm not sure that's a useful test.  i
think my questions stand: does anyone else see this?

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net