What are pros and cons of the different devel environments: qtopia, android, openmoko

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 17 02:00:59 CET 2008

Lorn reminds me that there is another option in the "open source Linux
frameworks for mobile devices" space. (I think SVHMPC wanted to include
Trolltech as well. Not sure what happened.) (And of course there are
other options besides these three.)

So the questions remain: What features make you choose one over the other?

And in particular, regarding Lorn's point below, how do you feel about
the different APIs?

By the way, this is not meant to start an "us vs. them" battle. I'm not
out to prove that one is better than the other.

Android, Qtopia, and OpenMoko are all different, and each is aimed at a
different type of developer. I'm interested in understanding what those
differences are, and how they influence a developer's choice.

Michael