Gizmo for Skype-like functionality in Neo?

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:32:34 CET 2008

> the serverless instant messenger http://retroshare.sf.net (Qt gui)
> will have soon as well VOIP and VIDEO Chat, and this is quite good for
> openmoko, as this is an encrypted one,
> so you are safe, that no third party is hearing your Voips.
>

>     > (http://gizmoproject.com/learnmore-nokia800.html).
>
>     Other options are http://ekiga.org/ and http://www.openwengo.org/.
>      They
>     both do SIP.  I know about Ekiga because it ships with Ubuntu, and
>     it's
>     completely open source.  I don't know that much about OpenWengo.
>     -c.

Ekiga is just a client package and doesn't contain a server component,
like asterisk.  There is also linPhone (http://www.linphone.org/), which
is built with GTK and has core/gui seperation.  That might be nice for
direct integration into the OpenMoko GUI and for people who don't want
to run an entire asterisk server on their phone.