[qtopia on freerunner] - What files do I have to download?

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:34:03 CEST 2008

How is the image (from http://www.qtopia.net/modules/mydownloads/ :
Qtopia flash image for FIC Neo Freerunner (gta02)) created ?

It is said to be created from a rootfs from FSO.
- why FSO ? (lighter maybe ?) Can we use another base rootfs ?
- what is specific to qtopia image ? Qtopia is added, but what else is changed ?
- is opkg upgrade safe ? (as I understand it will not update qtopia
itself, but normally should not break it)

It would be more practical if a rootfs package was downloadable
directly (not only in jffs2)

And on new releases is it possible to update only the qtopia
directories, and the have the remaining of the rootfs updated via opkg
? Or doing so we would miss some changes made ?

Thanks for any hints to understand better this architecture...

  Cédric