TangoGPS svn/git ?

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Nov 7 08:05:30 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Glen Ogilvie <nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz> wrote:

> On Friday 07 November 2008, Bastian Feder wrote:
>> Hey!
>> since it is a one man show I think there is no public repository.
>> But the guy behind it, Marcus Bauer, is a really friendly german guy.
>>
>> Have you contact him already? this might be the best way to find out ;)
>>

> I sent Marcus an email on Monday and have not heard back, so figured he must
> be busy or on holiday.. or have a spam filter that does not like me :).   So
> was just wondering if anyone here happened to know of a repository for it.
>
> I'll just start with the bit I want to look at against 0.9.3.   Looking at
> making it so it can be configured to downloaded updated map tiles if the ones
> it has are out of date, and checking that with a combination of time stamp
> and etag (http 302).
>
> Glen
>

>> hf
>> Bastian
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Glen Ogilvie <nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz>
> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > A friend and myself are planning on contribute to TangoGPS.  Looking for
>> > the git / svn repository we can pull the latest source from?   Does
>> > anyone know if a repository for tangogps exists?  The latest on the
>> > tangogps.org website is 0.9.3, release in march.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Glen Ogilvie

Hi!

I've also requested a public code repository from Marcus some months
ago to allow the community to help in the development, he said that it
all will come later: svn/git/bzr repository, mailing list and so on
(ps: there is a foss-gps mailing list at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS-GPS that's a good place to discuss the
development of foss-gps software, for example tangogps, you're all
welcome to join!! There are some really skillful people who work with
GPS software full time and really can give you some valuable tips!).
He said that the best way to help is to spread the word and send
patches.

You also might want to contact this guy:
http://projects.openmoko.org/users/gecco/ who works on this project:
http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/gtkaddpoi/ - you both are
working on Tangogps so co-operation would not be bad!

A word more about foss-gps: the idea behind it is to try to connect
foss-gps-software (&hardware) developers and share ideas. Also it's a
place for smaller projects, like tangogps, who don't have their own
mailing lists, can discuss the development and also manage support
issues. So all tangogps users, you're welcome to join there! For more
information, check
http://risto.kurppa.fi/blog/invitation-for-all-open-source-gps-software-developers-and-users-to-join-foss-gps-mailing-list/

r - a-tangogps-wannabe-community-member