FSO M4 - nice GSM sound

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Nov 11 21:29:27 CET 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:54:37 +0100
Peter Mogensen <apm at bigendian.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to congratulate the FSO team for their new images.
> For the first time I have perfect sound over GSM. No echo, no buzz.
>
> There's some other problems though, but I'm sure they are minor.
>
> One problem I have had with every distribution and I haven't seen
> mentioned else where is that the phone takes too long to answer a
> call. First it takes too long for it to start ringing (only vibrate).
> Then there's a delay before the ring tone play.
> Then there's a delay from I press the answer button to it reacts
> .. and by then my voice mail has usually given up and taken the call.
>
> /Peter

Well, I haven't tried calling just yet, so no feedback there. But
some pro's and cons:

Pro:
- cool interface
- sweet hover effect when you click the battery icon, now an
alarm/clock app when you click on the clock icon would be great :-)
Unfortunately none of the registered "alarm" projects seem to be
maintained. Is there another way of doing this? Using "at" ourselves?

Con:
- numphysics app seems to crash all the time (maybe it just needs some
extra packages?)
- suspend doesn't work, since the touchscreen still responds when I
touch it after it should've suspended ... this one should get fixed
- the mediaplayer app crashes most of the times when you switch between
songs

Franky