[Om2008.9] gsmspeakerout.state

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Nov 19 14:14:03 CET 2008

El día Tuesday, November 18, 2008 a las 06:48:23PM +0000, photonmedia at gmail.com escribió:

> I'm not entirely sure this helps, but I just noticed with SHR release, the speakerphone works! Maybe you could use the configuration from there?
>
> James

After more tests (and thanks to some private mails with explanations) I
have the puzzle now together and nearly all is there in Om2008.9 to use
the speakerout too;

one don't need extending the desktop to launch 'alsactl -f
gsmspeakerout.state restore'; when you're in a call there is a small
menue on the left buttom side called 'Options' which let you switch
between 'handset' and 'speakerout';

I did some small changes in the file /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmspeakerout.state
to remove the echo the called party has of his/her own voice, here are
the changes in its context:

        control.5 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 1
                comment.range '0 - 127'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Mono Playback Volume'
                value 104 <******* was 103, but 105 gives echo again
        }

        control.48 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 1
                comment.range '0 - 3'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Mic2 Capture Volume'
                value 1 <******* was 0, 2-3 gives echo again
        }

        control.63 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type ENUMERATED
                comment.count 1
                comment.item.0 'Left PGA'
                comment.item.1 'Mic 1'
                comment.item.2 'Mic 2'
                comment.item.3 'Right PGA'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Mic Sidetone Mux'
                value 'Left PGA' <****** was 'Mic 2' and causing echo
        }

With the above changes I'ld call 'speakerout' not optimal, but at least
working;

Maybe someone who is using SHR could send me the mentioned file to give
it a test or compare it; thanks in advance

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH