[Om2008.9] gsmspeakerout.state - headset working

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Thu Nov 20 08:48:17 CET 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> one don't need extending the desktop to launch 'alsactl -f
> gsmspeakerout.state restore'; when you're in a call there is a small
> menue on the left buttom side called 'Options' which let you switch
> between 'handset' and 'speakerout';

you star!  from that, moving gsmspeakerout.state to one side and linking
gsmheadset.state to gsmspeakerout.state means that, whilst i don't need
speakerphone mode much, i can now switch to headset - which is very
important for me - inside a call.

i notice now that there's a headset option that shows up there
*sometimes*, but it's less-easy to access than "speakerphone" and anyway
it doesn't work as well.  perhaps it loads headset.state instead of
gsmheadset.state?

if anyone else wants the details, they're at
http://www.teaparty.net/technotes/openmoko-2.html#Headset .
interestingly, this has reduced the list of things that prevent my 'moko
from being a perfectly good everyday phone to zero.

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net