Survey about the Touchscreen

Lech Karol Pawłaszek ike at szluug.org
Fri Nov 21 21:01:12 CET 2008

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
[...]
> my experience is different. i didn't try iPhone myself, though. (i
> refuse to use anything from a company like apple,) but i know two people

Well. I have used iPhone for a while. It is indeed quite nice. Easy to
learn and fun to use.

> with iPhones and both would not buy one again. biggest problem for them
> is that it is a bad phone (bad audio quality) and they lose calls
> sometimes because it just does not ring. (never heard of any phone doing
> that! ;-) ) second problem is the low resolution. dunno about the
> touch, though.

"it just does not ring". Don't show Freerunner to your friends (yet)! ;-)

I liked iPhone's UI. The first perceptible difference from Freerunner is
that Apple's product works. Freerunner still lacks major functionality
(like ringing and so). OTOH I believe that having finger controllable
applications (iPhone style) on stylus capable touchscreen is a way to
go. Freerunner is a small computer - sometimes I need precise pointer.

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]