[OSX] AJZaurusUSB bug fix project

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Mon Oct 20 10:34:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am 20.10.2008 um 09:00 schrieb Peter Neubauer:

> I tried the new version and noticed that directly after the install I
> got the interface coming up repeatedly when I plugged/unplugged the FR
> in the networking preferences. However, after restart, only the first
> time I get the interface coming up connected, upon
> unplugging/reconnecting the USB cable nothing happens, until I restart
> my Laptop for another working on time connection.
>
> Is that the current state of affairs or am I missing something?

Yes, that is one of the main features.

If you don't install AJZaurusUSB, the Apple CDC Ethernet driver tries to
run. But it has a bug that it creates new network interfaces.

Therefore, if you reboot the Mac, the AJZaurusUSB is finally
installed. And,
it creates only one interface (unless you flash a new kernel to the
Freerunner).

So after replugging, the interface should change from red to green in
the
Network settings automatically.

BR,
Nikolaus