Why enlightenment?

Martin Bernreuther MartinBern at web.de
Thu Apr 16 00:54:06 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 15. April 2009 schrieb Bram Neijt:
> I know this question must have come up once before, but I couldn't find
> any real answer online, so I'm posting it here. Why enlightenment?

at least one developer from enlightenment
(see http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=contact&l=en)
was working for OpenMoko (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Who_is_Who):
Carsten Haitzler / raster (http://www.rasterman.com/)
If enlightenment is well-suited and if you have somebody
with such a good knowledge... And now there's a foundation.
So why not. There are other approaches and quite a few distributions
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Distributions) supporting different ones.
You have the choice! Starting as a developer, the decision which framework to use
might be hard though... (But if you have a choice, you have to take a decision.)

Martin