cellhunter --- the state of development and future

Stefan Schmidt stefan at openmoko.org
Mon Apr 20 12:31:28 CEST 2009

[Resend as the ml seems not to like my other email address, but do not inform me
about this either...]

Hello.

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 15:58, Sebastian Hammerl wrote:

> So here is the call to all the developers around to create a location
> service based on the opencellid data. for me that database should be the
> main db and everyone can provide his data to this db.

As long as I don't get an answer from Thomas about his willingness to add
informations about cell quality and other data then cell IDs, like wifi APs,
into the opencellid db FSO will not go into the opencellid direction at all.

Telling people all the time that it is the biggest db and don't answer requests
about quality and other data buys you nothing guys.

We will think more about this until and at FSOSHRUDCON, but we will not go with
opencellid just because they have the most data yet.

regards
Stefan Schmidt