opkg problem

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:30:18 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Gunnar AAstrand Grimnes <
gunnar.grimnes at dfki.de> wrote:

> Alternativly it's because you have both usb networking and wifi up and
> the default route goes to usb which does not does not route you on to
> the internet?
>
> You can fix it with the route command, something like:
>
> route del default (repeat till none left)
> route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
>
> (where 192.168.0.1 is the ip of your router)
>
> - Gunnar
>
> BitKeeper wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > That looks like a dns / resolv.conf issue.
> >
> > Have a look at this wiki page.
> >
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking#DNS
> >
> > Once you have fixed your dns issues do a "opkg update" again.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bannon

It was a bit of both, after turning off the WIFI, I didn't think it would
matter because it wasn't even connected, and echoing in some DNS servers
into /etc/resolv.conf everything is working even though a couple of the
repos signatures did not pass.  Side note the default WiFi GUI on 2008.9 is
crap and doesn't give any feed back, looking at opkg.org I see there is two
that has any kind of ratings Mofi and Wicd which of these is better
suggested by the community I want to have feed back of what is going on so I
can see what the exact problem is and need to be able to connect to three
main types of wireless networks 1 Open network 2 Mac filtered network (my
home) 3 Non broadcasting ESSID and Mac filtered network (my university)?