GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:01:20 CET 2009

While I'd like a capacitive touch screen for GTA03, I'm pretty sure
that Openmoko has already made up its mind for one of the solutions and
I don't think we can change it here. I'm fine with that.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:45:10 +0000
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:

> However the following are what makes a resistive screen clearly
> better, for me and my usage:
>
> FEATURE	             CAPACITIVE	              RESISTIVE
> CAN use stylus          NO(1)                   YES
> CAN use finger          YES                     YES
> Stylus is OPTIONAL      N/A(1)                  YES
> Has PRECISION		NO			YES

There are other features which other people will value more. For me,
scratch-resistance is important for example - which is easier to get
with capacitive touch screens.

// Simon