Emacs for Om2008

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Sat Jan 17 14:21:02 CET 2009

Hello

GNUtoo at no-log.org writes:

>> How about a pakcage for http://www.jedsoft.org/jed/ which is more
>> lightweight?

My main task is to take the advantages of the brilliant org-mode to use
the FR as a PDA. I don't believe that jed can handle this. Can it?

> org.openembedded.dev/packages $ find ./ | grep  -i jed returns nothing...
> so you may have to add it if you want it
> but if I remember well in in om2008 you have vim...
> but I'd like to have emacs too

I have installed emacs from the Angstroem repository in the meantime.
There are unresolved dependencies and it seems to have the wrong
architecture, but it worked for a while (in a terminal). Now, I rebooted
the OM to find that Emacs won't start up any longer.

Greetings

Sven