Rustling noise on phonecalls

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:03:30 CEST 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 12:54:15 am Ben Wong wrote:
> Mickey: It seems a very bad idea to default to maximum volume if it
> causes distortion.  I'm not sure yet that that's the sole audio
> problem in SHR-unstable, but I can say that when I turned the speaker
> volume down to what it was in SHR-testing (68%), I was understood
> perfectly, for the first time, by Google's voice recognition
> (1-800-GOOG-411).
>
> For anyone wondering how to use D-Bus to set the volume to 68%, you
> can do it by cutting and pasting this line:
>
>   mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
> org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.SetSpeakerVolume 68

Are you sure that mdbus call is correct I got two different error messages

root at om-gta02 ~ $ mdbus -s
org.freesmartphone.ogsmd/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Deviceorg.freesmartph
one.GSM.Device.SetSpeakerVolume 68
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Service name not found

root at om-gta02 ~ $ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd
/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Deviceorg.freesmartp
hone.GSM.Device.SetSpeakerVolume 68
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Object name not found

Now I may just be doing it wrong but can someone check it for me?