Re: The University of São Paulo's intent to join Openmoko development

john jptmoore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:50:27 CEST 2009

2009/7/13 Jon 'maddog' Hall <maddog at li.org>:
> John,
>
>> I made some contact with Openmoko regarding joining their Openlab
>> programme a while back now and need to follow that up. We have created
>> an MSc in Network and Mobile Computing which has a module designed to
>> specifically use "Openmoko". The MSc starts this September so I am
>> very interested to share ideas and help spread the love.
>
> Sounds good....and the university's program to use "Openmoko" in the MSc
> sounds great.
>
> Are you then the contact for Openlab?  Can you speak for them?

[snip]

No, I was looking to join and contribute to the materials etc. It is
mainly a bunch of Taiwanese universities. I am based in the UK. I like
the idea of sharing learning resources. I think Openmoko could have a
good future within education so I think your work with USP is a great
step forward.

John.