Qi - why only 3 partitions on SD card?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:26:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Al Johnson
<openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>wrote:

> I believe it's an arbitrary limit based on the assumption that with no gui
> it
> would be hard to select the intended partition. Given the touble people
> have
> with only 3 partitions it seems well founded.

OK, so when Qi is improved so that partition selection is actually usable,
this artificial limitation will go away.
Qi _will_ need to be improved until it is usable for end users, or it will
fade away
Whether that happens with the suggested "menu partition" or with an improved
"blinking lights and push buttons" scheme doesn't matter. One way or the
other, Qi must improve.

> This limitation is one of the reasons I'm still using u-boot. The other is
> the
> inability to pass optional kernel parameters when booting from NAND.

Hmm, why can't this be solved with the append file (In /boot), like in
QtMoko?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen