ZX spectrum emulator doesn't appears

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:09:40 CEST 2011

2011/6/2 Dmitry Shalnoff <shalnoff at gmail.com>:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm trying to install ZX spectrum emulator form official repository but it's doesn't appears in the list of games and home/you/.qspectemu directory wasn't created.

Is Spectemu btw developed somewhere still? At least the places I could
find were dead ends (sourceforge has last stuff from 2004 and the link
on radek's Qspectemu page is 404).

It seems that Fuse-emulator (http://fuse-emulator.sourceforge.net/) is
the one Spectrum emulator that will outlive the others, and I'm happy
that there is at least one fully developed open source emulator for
the dear childhood memories :) In the 90s and beginning of 00s there
were some pretty good emulators for eg. Windows, but of course they're
all dead end without the sources.

-Timo