[QtMoko] main menu screen proposal

francesco.devita at mailoo.org francesco.devita at mailoo.org
Thu Oct 11 23:32:56 CEST 2012

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but in previous email you wrote, you want to
>make icons bigger, right? If so, there wil be less space to add text.

Bigger icons with text included (drawn) in it, otherwise I mean small
icons with text under them.
But I understand that a picture can tell more than a sentence, so here
[1] a complete mock-up of the proposed main menu screen.

>Btw i have studied a bit how icons work in QtMoko. It seems that best format
>is .pic This is special Qt format of scalable image. This format seems to have
>best performance - in fact it's set of serialized qpainter operations. The
>format is scalable and the files should be quite small. .pic can be generated
>from SVG with svgtopicture utility (or something like that).

Good to know! I'll try to convert the actual .png icons in .pic and see
what happens!
But are there any chances to have the render from a .pic file? I didn't
find any tool capable to open those files.

Regards
Joif

[1] http://imageshack.us/a/img836/3453/mainmenuproposal.png