QtMoko v48 neofreerunner

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Oct 24 14:05:52 CEST 2012

David Matthews <mail at dmatthews.org> writes:

> You say that you can't duplicate the issue - by that do you mean you *can* send
> email from a freerunner on qtmoko v48? - I had the impression you were more
> involved on the GTA04 and may not have a freerunner any longer.

FYI I was running my GTA04 on 2G-only yesterday and found that email
didn't work properly for me - whereas normally I'm on 3G, and email
works fine.

I didn't investigate the details very closely, but perhaps this is a
clue - i.e. that the email problem you see with v48 on Freerunner is
to do with the low 2G data rate.

It would be good to have some more data points.  Can anyone else report
success/failure with QtMoko v48 email, on

- Freerunner
- GTA04 on 2G-only  (the default)
- GTA04 on 3G       (requires patching to change "AT_OPSYS=0,2"
                     to "AT_OPSYS=3,2")

?

Regards,
        Neil