openphoenux review on mobilejournal.net

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Oct 30 18:13:20 CET 2012

Am 30.10.2012 um 17:48 schrieb urodelo:

> ...hard hitting the gta04
>
> It's in Italian language
>
> http://www.mobilejournal.net/produttori/openphoenux-2804-lo-smartphone-opensource-vale-749-euro-11911

Tnx for the link!

I have used Google translation and hope that I did understand it correctly...

Well, they argue a little like that e.g. a Ferrari isn't worth its price if you take the value of the metal, leather and other components.
And it has not its value because there are cheaper cars which give you more comfortable driving and space for your family...

They are right that the price is high. They simply forget production cost for small batches and compare to the price of
mass production under unknown working conditions in unknown production sites. This is similar to what drives the
Ferrari to its high cost. AFAIK, they are hand made.

The key problem is getting down the price. And the only way is to get to bigger production batches.

We can moan about that (like this article) or do something...

Nikolaus